I’m back with another round of plot ideas for all your inspirational needs!
This time I’ve got some ideas for contemporary stories for you, all set in the present day, though of course you could take them and do absolutely anything with them, I think some of them would work in other genres too.
I’ve had an idea for a new contemporary thriller novel myself revolved around three siblings who are in a world-famous band together, and what happens when one of them is accused of murdering one of their fans. Does that sound interesting or am I on a losing wicket here? I actually posted a snippet of the opening scene if you want to take a read and see if you like it.
Anyway, here’s what you came for – the ideas!
- 5 teenage girls do something terrible and pin it on the person they’ve bullied at school for years
- Faced with losing his dog, a boy sets out to fulfil a canine bucket list
- An Instagram influencer sets out to become a politician
- A popstar chucks everything in to go and live off the grid in the wilderness
- A new boy starts at school and has a different accent every day, but nobody knows why
Do any of these jump out at you? I think I’m most intrigued by the idea of a boy taking his dog on a trip around the world, all the people he could meet and places he could see. We lost our family dog recently and it’s really hit us hard. The loss of a pet is an important thing to explore, especially for young people, as for many it’s the first introduction to death they might get. I think, done right, this could be a really uplifting and heartfelt novel.
Next on my list for the “5 Plot Ideas” series are thriller and fantasy, but I’d love to take requests if you have any! Just leave a comment below or hit me up on Twitter or Instagram.